Our Latest Blogs
Deep Conditioning Your Hair
Deep conditioning your hair is very beneficial lets see why. A regular conditioner only works on the outside by softening your strands to help smooth out your cuticles. When you rinse out the conditioner, the conditioning agents are left behind which keeps your hair feeling soft and manageable coining the term deep conditioner. The purpose of a deep conditioner is to restore and repair your hair to achieve its optimal strength, elasticity, and moisture. Deep conditioner has been misused in the hair industry as a way to deceive consumers. How to deep condition hair with regular shampoo can become DIY. If a deep conditioner doesn’t have any penetrating ingredients, such as coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, avocado oil, or hydrolyzed wheat protein just to name a few it’s not a deep conditioner, it’s a regular conditioner or just a regular styling cream. Companies like to add the word deep conditioner for advertisement purposes for you to spend money without doing any research. Often these brands deep conditioners’ can come with a hefty price tag. When you add penetrating oils to a regular conditioner to become a deep conditioner .Here is a DIY you can try below:
- You can add 2 tablespoons of either of penetrating oil of your choice or two, such as coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of hydrolyzed wheat protein
- 1-2 cups of regular conditioner
- Mix well and apply to hair for 30 minutes under a steamer or hooded dyer with a plastic cap.
- Rinse out and proceed with your normal hair regimen